Saturday, February 6, 2016

Mail Art LOVE

It's the month of Love.  And a bit of a different take on the subject from me this week.  This time I got out my neutrals bin of scraps for my postcard background collage.  Chopped and stitched.  Then a heart stitched on.  Then an envelope charm tied on.  And there you have it...my love of mail art.





I must give credit to the Sunday Postcard Art.  This card started out as just another Valentine card.  But SPA challenged us to create a postcard and add a charm to it.  I had no ideas for a charm.  But after the heart was stitched on and I looked at the card, I decided it needed something more.  The SPA must have planted this charm idea into my subconscious and I remembered that I had a tiny stash of envelope and postcard charms....somewhere in this mess.  Of course they were in the last place I looked and literally hiding right out in the open.  Always the best place to hide something from yourself, or anyone else for that matter.  

"Just another Valentine" transformed into my love of mail art.  Especially for fabric postcards.  This one is in the mail on Monday.

Happy Mail Day!
xxx
Annie

26 comments:

annewilson3689 said...

Great postcard
I love fabric postcards

Createology said...

Fabulous fabric postcard dear. I always love your black and white edging. The neutrals background truly shows the best of the red HeArt. And that is an adorable little envelope charm. Creative Postcard Bliss...

Miss Iowa said...

This is so precious!

Cynthia said...

Super cute as always!!

Beezus said...

:-) Love the charm - it is perfect for this card.

Mandy Chilvers said...

love this!

Turid said...

Lovely, as usual. I'm so happy to keep two of your card right in front of me when I sew. You're so cute to send happiness all over the world.

bockel24 said...

wonderfully creative!

Lesley said...

Adorable! Perfect use of that envelope charm!

Tera Callihan said...

Absolutely beautiful fabric postcard! I love the letter charm you added too! I always lose thing in plain site too, or when I "put them somewhere I'll remember" then I never remember

Renee said...

Definitely frame worthy!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oooh beautiful Annie, I do absolutely adore your mail art as its soooooo stunning. You are one extremely clever lady with the sewing machine I must say.......I'm a little green with sewing envy right now ;)
Hugs
Donna xxx

sheila 77 said...

Neutral background looks terrific with the text fabrics and the bits of lace, inspired additions.
The hand-stitched (?) heart looks jolly with its pink bow and precious charm.
Top class, Annie.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Annie the postcard is sweet and simple and just perfect. I love the pop of red with the heart and the charm is a wonderful addition. I just love those scrappy backgrounds because that's what I like to do with scraps too! The recipient of this card will be over the moon with happiness when they receive it.

Sandy said...

Annie - you know you are my hero -- I just shake my head in disbelieve - how can anyone make something out of fabric that is so wonderful and so small. I think this make shows your talent with design. You have wowed me -- is that lace I spy? If you think I like this - you are so
right!!!!
Sandy xx

West Michigan Quilter said...

So sweet!

jenclair said...

So beautiful! I love the bits of text on the fabric...and of course, the border!

Judy1522 said...

Love your postcard and the envelope charm is perfect on it!

Evergreen Mo said...

Once again you have nailed it. So much added to your card and the neutral background is perfect for the red heart. That stitching round the edging looks so neat

tink's mom said...

That is a lovely postcard. The charm is wonderful. It does set off the heart nicely.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Annie, you had me at stitched. I love anything stitched in art, and adore the heart and envelope charm. "Last place I looked" sounds like me, too. You make fabric take on new meaning with this incredible fabric postcard. Someone is a VERY lucky recipient!

Deann said...

What a great postcard...awesome job.

Deb said...

Fabulous Annie, adore the patchwork background and the envelope charm was the perfect finishing touch! Deb xo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely!

Kay Wallace said...

A lovely work of art, Annie, and a treasured postcard! All the texture and dimension just pops!

Sheila said...

Wonderful postcard as is the one in the previous post .