This is one of those art pieces that I look at and say to myself...I made this?
Yes I did, but I sure worked it to death to arrive here with this water paints background.
I started with the Color Burst Powders. This time I put some powder on my little pallet adding water as desired. That's funny because I sure don't know what I desire. Then went on to fix areas that seemed to need something more.
Like that bottom section there. I wasn't getting anywhere with more color burst. I learned later that you can't keep working a piece in a continually wet stage. Watercolors don't work that way.
Then I tried adding some fix with my Tombow markers. Anyway, it seemed to reach an acceptable point, so I convinced myself to stop...while I was still ahead. I ended up with that blotchy section. I decided I could work with that by covering part of it with the butterfly I planned to add.
I embossed the illegible writing with white embossing powder. Yes, I actually do use my black pigment ink when I want white embossing. I love how sometimes a hint of black shows here and there under the white embossing.
Then came the butterfly painted with Color Bursts and body painted with the Tombow.
Carefully cut out. I have yet to find a better pair of detail cutting scissors than these 4" ginghers.
I have previously struggled to get my design piece centered on my base card. I finally figured out a sure-fire way to solve that little detail problem. I add the Scor-Tape to the back of my design.
Then clamp the design to one end centered on my card base.
I remove the paper backing from the tape at the bottom of the design and also peel back some tape paper on either side leaving the started ends sticking out.
Stick that bottom down to the card base. That now will hold the design in place while I remove the clamps and tape paper from the remaining three sides and stick the remainder of the design to the card base.
The word and the butterfly are then glued atop the watercolor design. That butterfly covering a portion of that blotch has made that blotch blend happily.
I only glued down the center of the butterfly so that his wings could flutter.
It was quite difficult to let this one-hit-wonder watercolor go off out of my sight. But it now resides with a very worthy artist friend whom I knew would appreciate my struggles with it. And I have my photos to look at.
A matching envelope was really beyond my capabilities. But I needed something a bit more than the address scribbled to the envelope. What fun would that be. It, of course, didn't work so well as it was only a laser quality copy paper. I used Neocolors for the color puddles. I still think it turned out fun. So now I've invested in some Mixed Media paper large enough to make envelopes with. For future watercolor use.
I might have been somewhat frustrated with this, but it was actually more enjoyable than not. I always seem to wait for the other shoe to drop at the end and mess everything up. I'm happy that other shoe did not drop with this card. Sheila, it's more than rewarding that you love it. Thank you!