Sunday, November 5, 2017

Halloween Card and Calendar Journal

I cannot get blogger to work properly.  I will have to try later to figure out how to resize my photos.  My apologies for my lack of technical knowledge.

I only have made a couple of Halloween cards and one I mailed failing to take a photo.  Such is life.




It is a very simple card using scrapbook paper, a tree die cut, a 3-D Nevermore sticker and a typewriter to type the greeting.

My October calendar journal did not turn out the way it looked in my mind, but I was so busy all month, I look at it as ‘it is what it is’.


However, every 30 days or so, I get to begin again.  I suppose the important thing is just documenting something about each day.  But I still want it to look fun by the end of the month.  We will see how November goes.


I have not drawn the woman.  She came on the paper.  I did paint her hair and rose with Neocolors and a white gel pen though.
Enjoy your month of November 2017!

xoxoxo

11 comments:

jenclair said...

You started October with an 8 mile walk! My hat is off to you, Annie. :)
Adore your Halloween card! I've mailed stuff without taking photos before and been frustrated. It usually happens when I'm determined to get something in the mail before the mailman arrives.

Hope your black eye has healed! Love seeing what you've been reading--looks like we have a similar interest in mysteries.

Karen D. said...

so super cool..love the first one with all it's eery details...well done mf.
xx Karen

sheila 77 said...

I like the way you have a big brown word most days which highlights the event. You seem to be having an exciting life. I think October looks great, finishes with a Pumpkin. November looked as if it was going to be glamorous then I read the first two entries, haha!
The Halloween card maybe simple to you but it looks extremely complicated to me.

Dortesjs said...

Love that bird image all great art ;O)

Renee said...

What a great card! Very EA Poe. And don't you just love having a basement? Wonderful calendars, I can't wait to see what you fill it up with. I hope you like your new digs.

Evergreen Mo said...

One spooky tree and a crow. Great card. I like the way you document each month, works of art.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your Halloween card. And am impressed with the 8 mile walk! Wow! But Scrapple? Is that something you eat? I vaguely remember my mom making Scrapple. Anyway, love the start of the Noveber calendar.

Ruth said...

I love your Halloween card and your October Journal.
I had a bit of trouble changing my header today it was so big only Gigi showed I don't know what the rest of my page looked like, I never looked.

Lesley said...

Your calendars always amaze me...they are so pretty! And you get lots done every month!

Sheila said...

Great Halloween card and I think your calendar for October looks great !

tink's mom said...

Love the calendar page for October. Apparently your life is not boring. Did I see a posting regarding a Black Eye?
Great post card too. I just love the month of October. Halloween coupled with fall, great time of year.