Sunday, April 22, 2018

Bird Challenge Postcard

At the Sunday Postcard Art Blog this week, the challenge theme is BIRD.

I love birds in my art.  I had plenty of notice and time to play.  Birdie gave me fits though.  He’s on a rubber stamp and I decided I wanted to give him a little more color than what was on the background.  He began to turn into such a mess.  Although I’m not completely pleased, he finally reached a passable appearance which saved him from a trash bin time out.  Lucky little fellow.  That was a near miss.  


I used inks on this postcard, so my attempt at adding some white backfired.  I’d so quickly forgotten that the modeling paste put on top of inks takes up the ink colors while drying.  But, added texture is good.  Right?

Happy Mail Day!

16 comments:

sheila 77 said...

Oh! All these lovely intense colours! And a beautiful dark little birdie who is looking quite miffed (and rightly so) at the mention of being trashed! Love that bit of orange on the right, and love all these colours together actually. They look great with the blacks. You've even managed to find a postage stamps that fits beautifully.

Mandy Chilvers said...

I love this its so colourful

Deann said...

Wonderful I love all the different color...great job.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is another beautiful mail art piece that you created. I love that you used a bird postage stamp on this. Your rubber stamp bird is lovely, as is your overall design. I always enjoy reading your posts about your creative process. I chuckled over the threat of another trash bin time out.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

P.S. Did you see that next week's SPA theme is mail art? I'm hoping you make several beautiful entries for it. I love your mail art.

Createology said...

This little birdie looks very happy with his colors and background textures. Your mail art is stunning dear! Creative Birdie Bliss...<3

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I love birds too and you chose the perfect postage stamp too with birds! Glad he didn't end up in time out, look great!

peggy gatto said...

Tweet tweet!!!

Tera Callihan said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful! You are rocking the painted art!!!!! I think the modeling paste looks great, as dies the little birdie. I lo e everything about this!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your postcard and you little birdie is so cute! I can't get over all the colors in this card. I love it!

Snoodles said...

I would never have known that this wasn't just as you'd planned, except you told us! Lovely!

Carla said...

Another awesome creation. Love the colors.

jenclair said...

I enjoy looking at all of the details! Another success!

Ruth said...

As always, I love your new piece of mail art. It is fun checking all the detail. Your little bird is so cute, he is so much like the little plump birds we watch from our window.

Mixedmediajenn said...

I LOVE this. The colors, the stamping, the modeling paste..just everything! Fantastic card!

Carol Swift said...

This is gorgeous and the purples just make it even better...love it!