Saturday, October 14, 2017

Calendar Journal and Sewing

My September calendar journal is complete.  You will see we were moving back home and I’ve been swamped with busy ever since.


I do still get some reading in while having lunch and before going to sleep sometimes.

October has been ready and I’ve managed to keep notes until I could fill in the blocks.



While having coffee and looking through Pinterest, I saw that my cousin-in-law pinned soup bowl cozys to her sewing board.  I’ve seen them many times and never felt a need for them.  Don’t eat much soup.  But while I was eating my morning mush for breakfast, I suddenly HAD to have a bowl cozy...more as a bowl potholder than to actually cook with it in the microwave.  (A person must sew with 100% cotton thread for the cozy to be microwave proof).  I didn’t have any of that thread for my first couple of cozy’s.  I have since purchased some for those who might want to use their cozy in the mic.



These cozys are so quick and easy.  An internet search will bring up a variety of ways to make them.  Mush is much more fun to eat now!

14 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a great idea! I love this calendar page.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Can I please have your handwriting Annie? If I did I’d never stop writing until my fingers cramped up ha ha. I’ve never ever heard of the bowl things but boy are they cute :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Barb said...

I love making those cozies

Ruth said...

You certainly had a busy September, as always it is fun to see your calendar pages. My friend just mentioned bowl cozies and I thought of something kind of dumb but seeing what they are I can see the practicality; I love the fabrics you chose. I see some bowl cozies in my near future ( when I get my sewing room in working order again.

Dortesjs said...

great, and now your sewing soup bowls..love them

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your calendar page is beautiful, Annie. You've been really busy. I'm sorry you cut your finger. Hopefully it healed well. Happy belated anniversary!
I've never seen soup bowl cozies or heard about them before. What a cute idea! Your cozies are lovely.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
xo Julia

jenclair said...

I love your calendars--from the beautiful hand-printing to the records of reading and activities. Oh, and although I've never heard of soup bowl cozies, they are such fun with the beautiful fabrics!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your calendar. Don't you just love those cozies! They make wonderful gifts too. Enjoy your mush!

sheila 77 said...

Great to read your going-home month.
I like the little flower together with "reading" and I'm curious about Rambo cat, I think a photo is required.
September is very pretty with the greens and blues.
I've no idea what a bowl cosy is for but I'm sure the bowl likes it. To keep the soup warm? or instead of a placemat? or just for prettiness at the table? to carry the hot soup bowl to the table? I need to know.

Sheila said...

Your calendar pages are always so pretty. I love the bowl cozys they really come in handy .

Createology said...

So happy you are moved and safely settled in. Sorry you cut your finger. I think I need to make some of those bowl potholders with Winter coming. We will be staying here and being grateful for having a home to live in. Happy Halloween Annie Dear...<3

Carol Swift said...

I haven't made any of those cozy's but they seem like a great idea, especially with cold weather coming. They'd be perfect for holding my bowl of soup while watching my favorite TV shows.

Barb said...

I just love your journaling...

Carla said...

I have two and it makes it so much easier to eat my oatmeal in the mornings. I was given mine but I may have to make some. I just thought about this.. They will be good when sitting on the couch watching TV and eating ice cream.. The bowl gets so cold.