A small old piece that has been languishing, awaiting inspiration for a finish.
It was planned to be a pillow.
It was too small as is. But it would be too large if I added to it. So it sat. Stored for quite a long time.
The flower is a rubber stamp image that I enlarged for applique. The rest of it is paper pieced. I suddenly realized it was a perfect size as is for the little 12” table top display frame I recently purchased for a cross stitch piece.
I recently made a birthday tag for a small gift. And that inspired me to do a little more paper crafting with tags. On Pinterest I found a tutorial for a window technique using acetate.
It started out as a future need of a birthday tag instead of a card. As I worked on it, it was soon apparent to me that it intended to be a Valentine tag.
It’s a bit of a struggle to keep the acetate clean while working with it, but a not too close look doesn’t reveal that.
I always do a little on the back of my tags.
This prompted me to pull out the heart themed tags I had done in previous years.
Now they all hang out around the house on available knobs.
Or just tucked into a drawer.
I think it’s a fun idea to enjoy them. I’ll be switching them out throughout the year as I’ve got quite a few tags that have been in hiding for much too long.
My Calendar Journal format has changed once again! I most likely will be sticking with this easy format for now on. I’ve printed off the months and am just decorating the blank spacing simply with washi tapes.
Happy Valentine’s Day!