I had these bright, colorful fat quarters that needed to be a quilt for my daughter.
As soon as I made this Fractured Pillow design,
I knew I wanted to make a whole quilt with the design. I didn't have colors enough to duplicate the design, so it took on a look of it's own. That was close enough for me.
So I began laying out the 3.5" squares.
And pretty soon it was a flimsy.
And then quilting began.
Soon I was stitching the binding.
Before I knew it, I had a completed quilt.
With a very worthy orange backing.
Measuring in at 59" X 77". A very nice throw quilt size I think. My daughter approved the fabric stack in a hot second. I hope she likes it made up. (Of course she will!)
I really got a bug when I started this one and kept at it continually (when I had the time) and within 5 weeks it was a quilt. That's the fastest I've gone start to finish on a quilt. I have in mind two more quilts I want to make, so sewing is not done yet.