Saturday, January 10, 2015

Recipe Cards

I've gotten back to working on my recipe cards.  I began making these with fabric, but after the first two, I realized they were going to be a chore.  I know this because the third card was started and has been in pieces ever since.  But now that I'm back paper crafting, I'm actually getting some new cards made.

 
I appear to be stuck on a paper theme here.  I need to use up some (lots) of this paper collection pad.  I like these, but I want the recipe cards to have a mixed collage look throughout the box.

 
I want to avoid category tabs.  I hate looking through all the cards in a category to find the one I'm looking for.  And sometimes I've no clue which category it fits. 

 
Once there are several or lots of these, I'm not sure it's going to be any easier to find the recipe I'm looking for, but I think I will enjoy the search.  LoL

xxx
 Annie
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

14 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love the looks of your cards. I know what you mean about looking through those tabs and sometimes not even know the category. Wish I had your talent and patience. These are lovely.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow Annie,recipe cards never looked so fab!! Loving these and the recipes look rather yummy too. This is really strange actually as I was only looking yesterday for a recipe card box to alter for storing arty bits in....great minds and all that ;)

Extra big hugs
Donna xxx

Turid said...

Lovely cards. And I think you must have lovely meals too in your house now.

carol said...

I think if I had to look through those delightful cards, I would change my mind about which recipe I wanted to make once I started. How fun!

sheila 77 said...

They look as if they would make cooking and baking even more interesting. I like the Squash Buttons sewn tab and the typed lettering - on a typewriter or a typewriter font, I wonder.
I'd like to see more of these, I mean more of these ones here as well as more of next ones. Is that a little bird on one, hiding?
Are these the first ever original paper-crafted arty cookery index cards?

Cynthia said...

Those are so cute! Maybe if I had some of those I'd be a better cook! ;)

Elsa said...

Oh, these are lovely and worthy of being kept for years to come! love them!

pinsandneedles said...

Oh Annie, I surely have missed seeing all your creative art! I have been reading your prior posts (that I have missed😞) and love everything you do! Thanks for the leaf tutorial! I really want to try this technique. Maybe I can have it ready by Fall!

Judy D in WA said...

OMG! What a fun recipe box!! You always amaze me with your creativity. I love the no category idea. This will make hunting for the recipe so much more fun!

Createology said...

Chief cook and bottle washer Annie you are too cool and your recipe box will be totally awesome. I like the idea of actual dish instead of category type. Great Creative Project...

Snoodles said...

Haha! We are kindred spirits on this one....I never know quite which category to put the recipes in, either. Then, later, I don't know where to look -- did I put that in "side dishes" or is it in "veggies"? Hehee! I truly love your cards, so unique!

Renee said...

Love these!

Lesley said...

Your recipe cards are drop dead gorgeous! I am embarrassed to look through my recipes...cards are dog-eared and stained. I bet these cards will always look beautiful! Great job!

Miss Iowa said...

Oh my goodness! What a labor of love and how much fun it will be to thumb through your recipe box (even on the nights you go out to eat! lol).