Sunday, January 6, 2013

Art Calendar - January

Art Calendar Journal  
Project
----------------------------------------------
2013
January
 

 
 
 
This is an ongoing project of Kate Crane's,   the kathryn wheel. It's a year of journaling your life, and Kate invites all interested to join her annual journey.
 
I'm definitely not looking at this as a "challenge", although the flickr group is titled Art Calendar 2013 365 Challenge  That terrible word!..."challenge".  No, for me it will be a project.
 
 
 
I really like the idea of this project, because I think I will enjoy filling in the squares.  The part that scares me is the designing of monthly pages.  I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with that.  But I'm sure gonna try.
 
I don't do artsy with paints and inks, but I love fabric and scrapbook papers.  This January spread has lots of sewing, but with the freedom of personal choice, I don't feel I need to stick to one specific spread design theme.  So, when it gets "hairy", I think I can cut and paste a paper month quickly enough to keep up with this.  We'll see.
 
 
 
I'm making double page spreads using two 8.5" X 11" pages.  I will keep them in a scrapbook album.  I'll show that when I show the completed month (and after I purchase the album).
 
I notice that here I am stuck in the standard January box.  Blue and white, cold and blustery looking.  That must be why I really wanted to start with February...LOVE red!
 
 
My biggest fear is that my personal time is so limited, that this project might consume all of it.  Again, we'll see.


 
I also fear that many of the highlights of my day will just be work, cooking, cleaning or laundry.  So I have a plan for alternative entries when those days become monotonous.  But, for the most part, I'm going to look for the positive moments of my days to journal.
 
Have a great day!
Annie


11 comments:

Michele said...

It really is pretty and wish you tons of good luck on achieving whatever crafty goals you have for yourself this year.

Lesley said...

I love your January "standards"...could it be because I am surrounded by cold blustery days? Your calendar is just so pretty...hope your days are just as pretty! Love this project...it is perfect for artistic, creative Annie!

Turid said...

Beautiful, but are you going to write something in the squares? And luckily for you, February has only 28 days!

ellen gets crafty said...

Thanks for the link - this looks like something I would want to try.

Ramona said...

Very pretty. Do you have a ton of that black and white stripe fabric? I think it is "go to" for trimming and I love the punch it gives your projects. I would be afraid of too many blank squares - guess I need to plan some more stuff in my life too!

sheila 77 said...

Well, that's a different definitely-not-Challenge. After bobbing about the sites you mentioned, I finally have a good idea of what is going on, each square being about 2 inches square in your case, so not too arduous to fill in every day. Sounds as if it will be rather good fun and it will become an interesting record of the year.

Rachel said...

Once again you amaze me. LOVE it!!

carol said...

You, my dear, never cease to amaze me with your creative genius! Another challenge in your never ending list of things I've never heard of doing........but good for you! Looks like fun and knowing you, if it gets to be too much....the heck with it. lol

Ramona said...

Interesting - Your February calendar shows up on my blogger reading list but it opens back up to the January calendar. Guess I'll have to wait another day or two to see it. Looks nice in the little picture though.

Katherine said...

Beautiful. I love this, Annie. I think I would be tempted to use it as a journal for "thought or quote of the day" because it's so pretty and I wouldn't want it filled with cooking or laundry either. ;o)

luverlie said...

Annie,
I'm so glad I found your blog. I've been doing the journal with only paper, but I've been doing a lot of sewing projects of late and am intrigued about doing my calendar in fabric and I have a couple of questions. Are your squares paper or fabric? How are you holding down the pieces to sew? Do you use tape or 'steam a seam'? to align the squares for sewing? Thanks so much for any help you can give and hope you don't think I'm too bold for asking.
luverlie@gmail.com