Friday, November 11, 2016

Quick Birthday Cards

I needed a couple of quick birthday cards for a late birthday party invitation.  I am not a quick thinker-upper, nor a last minute procrastinator, so this was stressful.  Thank goodness for Pinterest!

Both card designs are inspiration taken from Pinterest.


I wrote the names for the envelopes on scraps...in case I had to write them a bunch of times to get something presentable in public.  Otherwise a whole lot of perfectly good envelopes end up in the trash.


I then cut out the names, inked around the edges and glued them to the envelopes.


I was pretty happy with these card results.  And so were my recipients.  Whew! 


Happy Day!
xxx
Annie

11 comments:

tink's mom said...

Sweet....So many wonderful ideas shared in the Pinterest world. Love the candles.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Well who wouldn't be over the moon receiving them?! Basically all the people who ever received any work of art from you are extremely fortunate in life Annie and that's the truth :)
Hugs
Donna xx

jenclair said...

:) So much fun to see what you have been up to, Annie! I love both of them!

Evergreen Mo said...

Very clever. The writing is lovely and the candles are a nice touch.

sheila 77 said...

Both cards have a lovely clarity of design and I am also taken by your decorated envelopes. Good idea to write out the name on a separate piece and glue it on. I do like the painted brush names.

Deb said...

Wonderful cards Annie and such a great tip to do the writing on a separate piece of paper, the envelopes are as special as the cards! Deb xo

Renee said...

The cards are gift as well! Beautiful yet simple designs, wow, love them.

Tera Callihan said...

Great cards! And you are so smart writing on the scraps... I would have ruined a ton of envelopes for sure! Lol and your hand writing is beautiful BTW!

Kay Wallace said...

Love both of these birthday cards, Annie. I am going to CASE your second card for my S-I-L as the design is perfectly suited as masculine!!

Judy1522 said...

Those are both beautiful birthday cards. Great idea of writing the name on scraps and gluing it to the envelope.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your cards. They are a gift in themselves. You are so talented!