Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Shimmering Postcard

I’ve had another morning of play with my writing inks for another postcard.


They aren’t really just writing inks.  People paint with them also and that’s what I’ve sort of been testing.  I let the inks do the painting for me.

This time you can see the shimmering gold how it settles to the bottom of the bottle 


This purple ink really shows the gold shimmer very well.  It even comes through the rubber stamping ink.


These fish postage stamps are not all that new anymore, but they glow as well.


The rubber stamps I’ve been using are the
Tim Holtz collection, Theories CMS329

4 comments:

Tera Callihan said...

Another awesome postcard! The gold definitely stands out on this and I'm sure it is magic in real life! (And you know I absolutely love that postage stamp)!!!!

jenclair said...

Love the purple with the gold shimmer! Also, the quote is wonderful, Annie--and matches your curiosity that leads to such lovely postcards. :)

sheila 77 said...

These inks have changed your art and added another style, while still being your style. I think that makes sense. I like these distressed (sometimes) washi tapes and the tickets(?) but the ink with its gold is definitely the boss, even over that magnificent stamp (if it is one stamp?). I love all the squiggly bits at the side and the straight bits and the word top left. I think this must have been fun to make with lots of decisions but when do you stop? - just at the right time if you are Annie.

Barb said...

You sure can do some amazing things with your cards, always love coming by