I’m experimenting with my writing inks and adding them to an art postcard.
I first made a full sheet masterboard on a mixed media paper just sprayed with Ranger Distress Oxide Spray (mustard seed). When that was dry I cut a postcard size from the master board. I put some orange ink on an acrylic platform, spritzed it with water and set the postcard face down on top of the inked acrylic. Ran my fingers over it then removed it and let it dry.
This ink has gold shimmery something in it. It settles to the bottom. I tried showing that here, but I couldn’t find a good way to catch it on camera.
You can see it best near the left side and the bottom edge on the postcard.
I stamped the images with Black Soot Archival Ink and added some washi tapes around the edges.
On the address side, I added torn strips of washi tape. I have a roll that really just wants to stick to itself. So it tears off kind of artsy all by itself.
I always glue down the ends of my washi tapes so that they don’t get caught in the postal servicing system.
If you haven’t seen the new T-Rex postage stamps, let me share one here.
They are a lenticular image (I think).
When the stamp is looked at from another angle it changes to the skeletal version. Pretty fun, huh!
I’m looking forward to more art with my writing inks.