From Turid’s blog I learned about Leila Gardunia’s free paper piecing scrappy triangles. I downloaded them and printed them. They come as a 6” block but I shrunk them down to 4.5” blocks.
I had a limited amount of the the gray fabric so I made blocks until I ran out of it.
That gave me only 20 blocks.
From sloppy to nice and neat.
It’s a good thing I used a minimum amount of fabrics. I can get pretty messy when I’m paper piecing.
There weren’t enough to make them into the design I was hoping to use so I worked on alternative layouts.
I decided on blocks of 4 blocks.
I quilted it with too many rows of quilting. I don’t care for tight quilting lines. I think they make the piece too stiff. I removed 2 rows of quilting in each direction.
Much better. You can still see where I removed quilting lines until it hits the washer. Then the needle holes will disappear.
The table runner measures 49”x15”
Now that I’ve had that practice I am going to make them at full size for a Christmas quilt in the design I had planned to begin with.
My August calendar journal
Many, many awesomely fun days of sewing last month.
I forgot to cover the personal stuff...Mom is doing fine.
I have to write blog posts with Blog Touch to write them on my iPad. The app crashes often while writing and adding photos. Every time it crashes I have to edit the post and then it puts “(Temporary Backup)” in front of my post title. It does that every time it crashes. So if you see that, this is why you see it. I have to edit the title in Blogger dashboard. Jeezelouise, the hoops we have to jump through sometimes!