One of the faux postage stamps I made and shared in my previous post has made it onto an art journal page.
It was just what was needed to finish off the page.
The theme this month at Art Journal Journey is BUTTERFLIES.
I didn’t think this page would turn out to be a keeper, so I did not take process photos.
The background is Distress Spray Stains in Speckled Egg, Stormy Sky and Antique Linen. Splattered with Distress Oxide Spray in Speckled Egg and some white correction fluid. The Xs are white acrylic paint pounced through a stencil with a make-up sponge.
The numbers are rubber stamps in various sizes along with portions of a couple of text stamps all stamped with archival ink.
I love how the spray stains moved over into the binding.
Then I very carefully glued some pressed flowers and leaves onto the page. They are so delicate and fragile to handle.
The pressed flowers were totally not in my original thought process for this page. But when all else failed and I spotted them on the shelf, I thought, well, let’s see. I still didn’t want to use them. As you can see, they won out as what was to be on this page.
Many times the art knows best.
Overall, I’m pretty happy with this art page. I’m protecting this page from the page facing it with a sheet of clear acetate attached with a glue dot on the inside corners. The facing page has the potential to be unkind to these delicate pressed flowers.