Thursday, September 23, 2021

Long Tall Skeleton Tag

Another 3D sticker out of the stash ready to help celebrate Fall and Halloween.



I cut 2 pieces of Mixed Media paper 12” X 3.25” for a tag front and a back.  I sprayed both sides with various Distress Spray Stains and Distress Oxide Stains.  I liked the muted colors that the Oxide created.  But when I used transparent texture paste through a bricks stencil the colors brightened in intensity.

  

I then used a black Stabilo All Pencil to mark between the bricks then went over the pencil marks with a water brush then wiped over it with a wet wipe.  It took a little while but I love how the look turned out.

  

Using a piece of brown scrapbook paper, I sprayed it with three brown Distress Spray Stains.  I die cut branches from the paper.  The variations of the brown colors is not very noticeable after the branches are cut out.

  

Next it was time to add the long tall 3D skeleton sticker.  I had a few other leftover 3D stickers that I added to the scene.


I die cut his hat using a snowman hat die.


The tag front and back.

The spider web is a die cut and the bats are stickers.

  

I’ve never made such a long tag before.  It was a fun experience.

I’m a little behind in sharing my calendar journal.  This was August 2021.




18 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

A very spooky-cool piece of art, Annie! Pinning! The stabilo pencil was genius! Nice calendar page too, xoxo

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your spooky skeleton art! Hugs, Valerie

pinky said...

Your spooky tags are amazing! The backgrounds are just brilliant, love them. You had a very busy August by the looks of things Annie!

jenclair said...

Another winner, Annie! Love the long, tall tag, and yes, to celebrating fall and Halloween!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice tag Annie. I love that skeleton and the brick wall. hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A great tag Annie, love the aged appearance to the brick wall and that skeleton is fabulous.
Avril xx

Vicki in MN said...

You have such fun creativity. I can see that hanging with a Halloween quilt!!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Love the Skeleton!

Ruth said...

I love the long skeleton tag. The background is great and all the little things make it perfect. I zoomed in to enlarge my view so I could see all the details, it is much more fun that way. Thank you for sharing your calendar page again.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh my gosh, Annie, what a great piece you created here. How clever you were with that background...you should be pleased, it is marvelous.

Sandra Wright. said...

Awesome tags, I absolutely love the background on them..x

Createology said...

Annie this tag is fabulous. Your bricks look perfectly timeworn. Happy Halloween is everywhere.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what stunning long tags! I love your design with the autumnal colours and how it all came together; the skeleton is fabulous and you created the perfect home for him - amazing 😀. Happy October! Hugs Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea how I missed this, but I am glad I stopped by to visit. I really LOVE your LONG tag. It's amazing and I love how dimensional it is, too. Front or back, it is a really stunning beauty. Such a lovely, lovely addition to Halloween inspired art, dear.

Tera Callihan said...

I absolutely love this! Sorry I missed it earlier I was thinking the other day how odd nothing from your blog has come up in my email in ages... well apparently it must be hiding your post from me! I came to your blog, and you have definitely posted lol!!! I guess I need to resubscribe. This tag definitely rocks!!

tink's mom said...

This is absolutely amazing. I saw the opening picture and without reading thought I was looking at a real wall and a full size skeleton. Wonderful work.

Turid said...

Such a fun tag, and scary. I love your calendar journals.

Carol Swift said...

What a cool skeleton tag! You are so amazing and creative.