Sunday, March 18, 2018

Envelope Postcard

Every week I watch the Sunday Postcard Art themes.  Once in a while they play right into my artistic play that I have happening right at the moment.  It’s what happened for this week.  The theme this week is to make a postcard as an envelope or faux envelope or add an envelope to the postcard, etc.

That is exactly what I have been trying this week.  The front of my postcard is the “envelope” side with the postage and the address.


I saw actual envelopes similar to this on Pinterest and thought to give it a try as a postcard.  I finally made an address thingy to show how my mail art might look with the address.


I was so pleased, I had to give it another try today.  


I really struggle with this sort of thing as I generally DO NOT like the piece with just the paint on it.  It’s all I can do to keep myself from wasting any more of my life on it and toss it to the trash.  But when I start stamping and adding Washi Tape, I fall in love.


Both postcards look the same on the back for now.


I can write a lot more on these postcards than I can when the address is on this side (like a normal postcard).  I’ll decorate this side more when I know where these postcards might be going.  

Thanks so much, Rosie, for this great theme.  Perfect timing so that I can play along.  It’s been quite a long time.

19 comments:

Rosie said...

Wow Annie your envelopes are gorgeous.

Thank you for playing with us at Sunday Postcard Art

tink's mom said...

Great concept. You did a fabulous job with them.

ShereeSews said...

Annie - Oh! I love these! You're so creative and I love your sense of color. I am amazed how artists (you) can beautify everything they touch! Wish I had that ability.... hmmm

ShereeSews

peggy gatto said...

Yes, mail me!!!

Rika said...

These are stunning!

Tera Callihan said...

Lovely works! I agree, when the stamping and taping is added, is when the magic begins... i love your idea for the faux address! I may have to borrow that Idea. :)

jenclair said...

:) Don't know which I like more the art or the address! What fun you are having!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Love it Annie! And the address is so fun too!

Ruth said...

Fun,fun,fun. What a good idea. I love your colors and design and your address is over the top!

CERULEAN said...

The finally results look great. Good that you didn't throw them to fast!

sheila 77 said...

Is it just me or are you becoming all painterly and free? I just love these with the slashes of colour. These little black flowers are cool, they're waving at me. I must use some washi tape. Love the blue butterfly-kite thingy - are you going to tell me you didn't draw it? My favourite is the first (maybe because of the colours) but they are both super-fun.

Lori Saul said...

These are wonderful creative and colorful!

Lin said...

Two gorgeous cards there Annie. xx

Anonymous said...

so colorful - love it!!!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like both of these, and I enjoyed reading your post about them.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your post cards. Your address thingy is so cute too. Great job!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

They are both fabulous, dear Annie!

Mandy Chilvers said...

i wouldn't say no to one of your envelopes coming through my letter box! wonderful

Deb said...

Gorgeous Annie, love the abstract painting and how you've embellished it with the stamping and washi, anyone would be THRILLED to get one of your envelope/postcard creations. Thanks for sharing, Deb xo P.S. love your address too, hilarious! :O)