Monday, March 7, 2022

Bunting

I was gifted four very fun fabric panels.  Now that the sewing bug has bit me again, I began with this sweet bunting panel.  (It is actually a panel and a half).  I’m sure these triangular shaped prints can be made into many things, I wanted buntings.

The panel is a Riley Blake Design by J. Wrecker Frisch, Joy Studio


I cut the pieces apart with some almost-as-old-as-me pinking shears.  Then I stitched the pieces to batting and a backing and then trimmed the backing. As I began sewing the first piece, I realized that pins were not helpful.



You could make a very long bunting with these pieces. I chose to make 3 separate buntings.


Next I chose some button options to embellish the pieces.


I connected the pieces to a length of striped fabric.  Machine stitching the front and hand sewing the strip to the backs (like binding)

    

I added buttons by tying them with Perle Cotton threads.
(My ball spools say “Coton Perle”)


The first finished bunting hangs here on my half wall.


It makes me happy to see it there.  



I pinned sewing themed charms between the pieces using safety gourd pins.


This first bunting is for a special friend.  The second one now hanging on my half wall is for me.
It makes my happy space feel even happier.



My buntings measure 80” in length.

To catch up with my calendar journals, here is January and February.






We get closer and closer to Spring!  That too makes me happy.

16 comments:

Ramona said...

I love your buntings! The embellishments are perfect, too. It sure does brighten up your space.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous buntings what a great idea. Hugs, Valerie

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a nice way to brighten up your space!

My name is Erika. said...

Your sewing bug has really motivated you Annie. What a wonderful bunting. And I'm with you. Spring needs to arrive soon.

Snoodles said...

Love your buntings; I'm so in agreement - spring is on its way and it can't get here a moment too soon!

Ruth said...

I love your buntings. Using pinking shears to finish the edges is a such a great idea. Your buntings make me happy too as well as our calendar pages. I am also really happy to see your post today. It has been a long time and with Covid and all the bad weather I start to worry.

Marei said...

That bunting is adorable! How could you not smile when you see it??

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

The bunting is so sweet and happy. I had to look up safety gourd pins and once I saw what they looked like I knew what they were, but I guess I never knew the name of those kind of pins before, lol! Well I learned something new today, thank you.

jenclair said...

Fun bunting! Love the buttons and the pic of your workspace!

Lin said...

You have made a great job of your buntings - great idea to embellish them and of course your trademark binding.xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Annie. You put that fabric to great use. Those buntings are beautiful and so well done, too. Your buttons made me smile, too. What a lovely way to use that fabric.

Your calendar pages put mine to shame. I love how you draw your words with such precision.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, just awesome buntings. My daughter in law loves doing calendars as well. I am just to lazy.

Tera Callihan said...

This set of buntings are absolutely adorable!! That bee has to be the best! But, honestly those are all beautiful designs 😍 definitely ads a pretty cheerful vibe to your space♡♡♡♡

quiltingbydawn said...

I love hanging buntings outside in the summer or taking them camping and hanging them at our site. What a great idea to hang them in your space. What a cheerful addition! So happy you have been bitten by the sewing bug again but I still love all your creations including those calendars!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fantastic fabric panel, each printed image is so inspiring. Looks incredible as just bunting, it needs to be nothing more. A fabulous gift Annie. I'm so happy to read the sewing bug has visited you again, it's my go to when I can not get to my messy stash and something I can carry with me anywhere. Your calendar looks so busy filled with lovely things. I hope you are enjoying every stitching second. Hugs Tracey xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the bunting looks great :)

All the best Jan