Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Altered File Folders

The only paper crafting I have been doing lately is altering plain manila file folders.  What fun they have been for playing with Distress Spray Stains and Distress Oxide Sprays!  The results are unpredictable.

This was my first batch.  The original photos have disappeared from my iPad, so I’m not able to show them individually.  However, they can be seen on my Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CbAsz76ulXf/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=



These were my second batch.



Individually...

    


I devised a system to make the tabs replaceable so if the contents of the folder changes, the description tab can also be changed without marring the original folder tab.

This is the most recent folder I’ve altered.



    

These folders make filing a whole lot more fun!

8 comments:

Lin said...

These are great Annie and and will certainly brighten up your filing. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

These are all gorgeous, great idea. Hugs, Valerie

Kathy E. said...

Oh, how fun to create and make something that's usually so drab into something artistic and colorful! I hope you display them in a desktop file sorter-jobby so you can add smiles to your day! Another winner, Annie!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an ingenious idea and concept, Annie. I have tons of used file folders that I sometimes use as backgrounds in my art, but I love what you have done with your new ones. Great way to keep them pristine by adding the extra tab. You have a lot of lovely stamps, too.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh what a fun idea, I have never thought about decorating file folders before!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

ANYTHING to make filing fun!!! :o))

Turid said...

I can imagine filing will be more fun now. Beautiful.

Tera Callihan said...

Not sure how I missed this, but fabulous idea, not only altering your organizing folders, but also that the tabs are chargeable!!!