Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Stars & Stripes Table Mat

I’ve completed this patriotic table mat in time to enjoy it for a week or so.



The center section is inspired by a painted wood plaque that I saw online somewhere (that I cannot find now to give credit).  I made the design using half square triangles.


From there I gave it borders using more half square triangles.  Then strips of fabric around the outside border.  24” X 24”



I quilted the mat with star shapes.



The stars are all die cut in two sizes then raw edge appliqued.

Hooray for the red, white and blue!
Happy Independence Day, America!

10 comments:

Lin said...

Great finish Annie. xx

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your table topper and love how you quilted it. Great Job!!! Caroll

Vicki in MN said...

Wow, gorgeous I love it Annie!

Tera Callihan said...

That is an absolutely beautiful table mat!! That blown up would also ne a super pretty quilt♡♡♡

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT about making one, does that count? Yours is great!!

Annie said...

Of course thinking about it counts! Someday the thinking will turn into making.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a stunning table mat and a great way to show your patriotism. This is a real beauty, Annie.

Ramona said...

Wow! I love your patriotic table mat. Each year I make a patriotic table runner or mat for my siblings in remembrance of our father. We have quite a collection now. I hope you have a wonderful July 4th.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I like everything about your mat, the fabrics, the multiple borders, the raw edge applique and the quilting. I think the red white and blue ornaments also are a nice touch.
Ruth from Gigi's room (having trouble with being anonymous

Anonymous said...

Sherry of createology: This is a beautiful table topper for Patriotic themes. Love it!