Thursday, July 7, 2022

Postcards and Calendars

When a break from quilting is needed, fabric postcards are being created.

This postcard collage is created entirely from scraps left from a quilt in progress using Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Abandoned2 collection of fat quarters.



This next postcard is tiny flying geese.  A paper pieced pattern by Quilt-a-Rie that I reduced to fit a postcard size.



 This VW Bug (Beetle) is a paper pieced pattern by Full Bobbin Designs that I changed to applique and reduced to fit a postcard.  My very first car was a green 1967 VW Bug that I named Stanley.


This train postcard is an applique pattern by Angel Lea Designs.  Also reduced for a postcard size.  I fashioned my train after the 4017 Union Pacific Big Boy engine on display at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  Quite the impressive giant.



This last Poppie postcard is a pattern by Tina Curran.  It is a paper pieced pattern that I adjusted in size for a postcard.  This is a favorite.  The original pattern is like a field of poppies art quilt.  



To catch up with my calendar journals, here are May and June.





Wishing all a happy mail day!

10 comments:

Ramona said...

Your postcards are awesome! I learned how to drive on a 1967 green VW bug!! My favorite is the poppy. I imagine the original quilt is gorgeous. Your calendar journals are so fun and not overwhelming to keep up with. Happy Day to you!

Tera Callihan said...

Oh wow, you have been super busy!!!! Those are all amazing 😍😍😍😍😍 those are all spectacular! The colors on that top scrappy holtzy one are just so fun! And really those are all just so cool. Love seeing your work

Renee Zarate said...

I love your fabric postcards and treasure mine!!!

Lin said...

What a lovely collection of cards Annie. xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow, Annie. Your fabric postcards are out of this world. I am in total awe. The flying geese are especially beautiful, but I love the first one. Of course, the train and car are great, but that poppy is beautiful. You are SO, SO talented.

I love your calendar pages. You have great handwriting. I would love to slow down and write so my calendar is legible. I sure love what you do and you live a very, very interesting life, filled with more than staying at home.

Anonymous said...

I ❤️ Your postcards! The poppy is beautiful! The car and train are so fun! I finally bought the supplies to try some postcards! I need to find time to sit and just play! Thanks for all you inspiration Annie!

Vicki in MN said...

Oh they are all so wonderful, the geese would be my favorite. Would you believe I have never made a fabric postcard!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, those tiny flying geese... Love, love, LOVE!!!

Anonymous said...

Sherry of createology: I love your VW Bug in Green you named Stanley and had in real life.

craftytrog said...

Your quilted postcards are amazing Annie, I'm so impressed. I really love those rainbow colours. Your calendars look great too.
Happy new week,
Alison