Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Baby Twister Quilt

My stash held this lonely “Totally Tropical” charm squares pack. It has been quite some time since I’ve made a Twister Tool project.  I had in mind a baby quilt.  (Maybe someday my friend will be a Grandmother).

So I laid out the squares and stitched them together.



And added the borders.



Then cut and twisted the little squares.  The piece started out measuring 35” X 32”. After sewing the twisted pieces together, it then measured 25” X 22”.  (I cut my borders larger than was necessary, so those are approximate measurements). The layout is always a surprise…it never looks the same after the squares are all twisted together.  

The quilt top still needed to be larger, so I then made border twister strips and corner blocks. 





All the fabrics for this quilt came from my stash.  Including the batting. Yay, another stash buster!


This quilt finishes at 39” X 42”


Now we wait for a baby.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Great use of your stash Annie - lovely finish and lets hope a baby is not too far away! xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I still haven't finished my square that I started 10 years back.... Your work is fabulous! Hugs, Valerie

quiltingbydawn said...

I’ve always liked how the twister quilts look and yours is no exception! Love the colors against that blue background. I just never bought a twister ruler. Maybe someday?

Kathy E. said...

Looks like you were having some fun with your Twister template, Annie! I haven't played with mine in a while, and maybe you've reminded me of the mysterious fun it brings. OK, yes, you have. You're guilty! I especially like how you made the border and will need to remember this idea. Your friend's future baby will love it!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Your choice if fabrics fantastic! I love the bold colors and patterns.

Ramona said...

This is one of the prettiest twister quilts I've seen. Great idea on the border!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be so late visiting. Friday was not a good day in my world. I'm not whining, just explaining that my GOOD hand hurt, as did the rest of my body, in part to my inability to breathe due to the winds from the wild fires in Canada and in part from overworking at my friend Sally's house on Thursday when I brought in 200 lbs of cat litter she had ordered from Amazon.

I can't believe that was the same quilt. You are totally amazing. You sure did a lot of cutting and stitching, I'm totally impressed, Annie.


sheila 77 said...

Nice to see more details (than on Instagram) of how you made this marvellous quilt. I like how you've displayed it on the old bench with the lovely house and pink tulips behind.