Saturday, May 28, 2016

Wisconsin Vacation Altered Postcard

The Sunday Postcard Art challenge this week is to alter a postcard.  

I've had this little postcard for such a long time.  It's a strange size ...not even quite 3.5 X 5.  So I cut a postcard size kraft paper and added my vacationers and a bird to the scene.


I forgot to take a picture of the postcard in it's original state, but I think it's pretty clear that it was just some cows in a pasture.  I haven't played with these two people characters in a long time.  This was a fun filled challenge this week.

And of course we need the card back to tell the rest of the story.


It was tough to decide between this phrase and something about getting a new travel agent.

In reality, Wisconsin is a beautiful state and I love it.

Happy Mail Day!
xxx
Annie

22 comments:

Kimbopolo said...

Love it. Funny and creative.
Kim

Ozstuff said...

Funny and Fabulous! Love Norm and wife. Gorgeous.

sirkkis said...

Your card is SUPER!

bockel24 said...

wonderful, I even love the back of your card!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is clever and funny.

Tera Callihan said...

Bwahaha to freaking funny! I love this! The travel agent comment would have been funny too! Very fun !

Tera Callihan said...

Bwahaha to freaking funny! I love this! The travel agent comment would have been funny too! Very fun !

jenclair said...

:) I'm still smiling about this one. Especially the line, "and another thing, Norm" -- My husband sometimes tells me, "no, no other thing, Jen!"

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Cute character couple! They make the card.

indybev said...

What great fun! I'm sure beautiful Wisconsin will forgive you for having fun at its expense!

tink's mom said...

This was laugh out loud funny. Great imagination you have. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Ha ha ha love it Annie, you have such a wacky sense of humour. Having no idea what Wisconsin is like I take your word for it that it's a nice place ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Electra said...

Brilliant, Annie!

sheila 77 said...

Love your happy holidaying couple. Poor Norm - and he doesn't even have a table or a drink. I like his flowery shirt which goes so well with his expression - NOT! The little bird is the perfect finishing touch, I can just imagine what he is thinking.
Pretty good fussy cutting too.

Deann said...

Hilarious a fun and creative makeover.

Margik said...

A creative idea, Annie! I love how you added this fun couple on the postcard.
Brilliant as always! Mar :)

Createology said...

Have never been to Wisconsin but I believe the cows in the green pasture are very real. As for your cute couple I think you nailed the conversation. Taking a regular postcard and altering it looks like a really fun challenge. Uber clever Miss Annie Freezeframe..

Deb said...

LOL, good one Annie, love that couple! Deb xo

Sandy said...

This is so dang gone funny - a vacation in the middle of a cow pasture - great sentiment to go with the image too!
sandy xx

Lesley said...

Wonderful card! Such a great sense of humour!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

This is funny! I love it, Annie!

Carol Swift said...

Totally a LOL postcard!