More mail art...my current passion.
(Shared in Sunday Postcard Art)
This one spent 15 minutes in the trash bin.
Let me show you why...
It starts out like this. I started with trying Distress Oxides Inks. My first try with those inks. I tried to control those, but they would have none of that control stuff. Plus they weren’t bright enough for me. So I went over the inks with acrylic paints.
Not real pretty. That darker green wasn’t the color I thought it would be. But I hoped I could improve on it.
Then I go over the top with some white here and there.
Yeah, it’s still pretty awful. That’s when I stopped taking photos and put it in the trash for a 15 minute time out. Not really...I threw it out intending to move on. But I took it out and added some darker red over the awful green, then some bright orange, then some stamping and washi tapes and finally some modeling paste.
And that’s when it turned from trash to mail art.
This next one is done with spray inks. They’re less predictable than acrylics are but blend on their own better. This one went out in the mail to encourage a young artist to continue to follow her art.
Happy Mail Day!