Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Bird Postcard Process

Just another bird postcard.  But one different from any other I have made.
He is a quilt block pattern by Nadia Ridgeway of ellisandhiggs.com that I purchased on Etsy.

I redesigned him to be a paper pieced pattern, reduced in size for a postcard.



Here I show a peek into my process of changing a quilt block pattern into a paper pieced pattern that I can sew as a postcard.  Anything can be sewn from the pattern though.  I just happen to love sewing postcards.



Quite an involved process, but the work only needs doing once then the pattern is reusable infinitely after that.  I’m looking forward to a variety of bird colors with this pattern.

10 comments:

Ramona said...

I just love your bird post cards and this one is gorgeous! His wing fabric has so much movement to it. Just beautiful!

sirkkis said...

Amazing bird card art, lovešŸ¤©

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The postcard is lovely, a splendid creation!

Lin said...

Lovely fabrics in your bird and another gorgeous postcard. xx

Ruth said...

I'm glad that you love sewing post cards because I love looking a them. This one is a treat. I am impressed that you drafted that paper pieced pattern from scratch. Your donkey is pretty impressive too with all those little pieces. I guess I am impressed with all your paper piecing skills.
This is Ruth just in case I turn up anonymous again.

quiltingbydawn said...

Another beautiful postcard Annie! Thanks for the peek into your creative process. I can see a whole flocks of birds with different colors! Dawn

craftytrog said...

Oh my goodness, I love this little birdie Annie. More please!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was quite impressed. I could see the bird as a cardinal, too. Quite the feat, but, as you said, once done, you never have to do it again.

Lisa England said...

I do that too -- convert patterns to paper piecing. I love that once they are in paper piecing format I can change the size easily by scaling the pattern with my printer or EQ8. Your bird postcard is lovely!

Createology said...

Lovely Blue Bird postcard Annie. You sure do a great preparation for your sewing patterns.